Thursday, October 30, 2014

SOUS Die Cut Challenge - Trick or Treat

Here is my project for the Stuck On U Sketches Die Cut Challenge - Trick or Treat. I love this time of year, especially for Halloween. I really love making all the cute and scary cards and projects.
     For this challenge I created a cute and fun way to give out some special treats to some very special trick-er treat-ers! The box itself is cut from one of my favorite Cricut cartridges, Chic-n-Scary, at 4-3/4". From bottom to top the box measures 4-1/2"h by 2-3/4"w by 2-1/8"d. I then took a white gel pen and did a dash line all the way around the box. I recommend doing this before putting the box together. I took a piece of paper cut to 2-1/2" by 10". I glued it around the box, cutting off the excess, then I glued the box together. The pumpkin on the front is cut at 2-3/4" from Cricut cartridge Mini Monsters. The purple ruffle is a piece of paper cut to 1-1/4" by 8". I scored the paper every 1/4" then folded the paper back and forth. After that I glued the ends together and let it dry. Then I glued the ruffle to a 2" purple circle. When it is completely dried I glued the pumpkin to the ruffle and the whole thing to the box. Here are the details:

  • Cricut cart.: Chic-n-Scary, Mini Monsters
  • Paper: Doodlebug (2005)
  • Cardstock: Bazzill
  • White Gel Pen: Signo Broad White
  • Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry



     I really appreciate you coming to my blog and checking out my really cute Halloween project. Don't forget to join us over at the SOUS Die Cut challenge Trick or Treat with your amazing project. Thanks again for looking at my treat box and have a great weekend! :)

4 comments: